Here’s a cute set of printable DIY Father’s Day Paper Award Ribbons that will be perfect if you’re looking for a last-minute DIY father’s day gift that you can make with your little ones, or for your own dad. That will be a lovely way to surprise Dad on his special day, or even any other day (as it doesn’t clearly state “Happy Father’s Day”). It feels good to be acknowledged and appreciated!
I’ve included 2 different rosette designs and 4 different sayings for the ribbon center. You can pick whichever combination you like best and create different rosettes if you’d like.
- Best Dad Ever
- #1 DAD
- World’s Okayest Dad (for Dad’s with a good sense of humor ;))
- RAD DAD
I decided to keep the design pretty simple. For some reason, a simple black and white design seem pretty classy and masculine to me! You can also add a touch of gold or color by adding ribbons!
(This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.)
DIY Paper Award Ribbons
These DIY paper Award ribbons are fairly simple. The main steps being cutting, folding in accordion, and gluing but here are a few instructions that might help.
- Print my Printable Father’s Day Paper Award Ribbons (download link is further down this page): you can print the page with the rosette on simple copy paper (you’ll have to fold the paper in accordion, so thicker paper can get tricky) and the page with the circles on cardstock paper.
- Cut all the pieces you’ll need: you’ll need 2 rectangles and 2 circles (1 with text and a blank one) to create a full rosette. You can use a 2″ circle punch if you have one.
- Fold your rectangles in an accordion shape: you can either wing it by trying to keep the folds pretty regular, or if you want to be precise you can use a scoreboard like I did (I used this Trim&Score Board from We R Memory Keepers)and mark a crease every 3/8″ (or whatever you decide). Again, you or your children can absolutely do it by hand! No need to overthink it.
- Now that you have 2 little accordion rectangles you’re going to want to connect them and glue them to form a circle. I decided to use thin double-sided tape instead of glue to keep it clean.
- Prepare an extra 2″ circle (same size as the rosette circles) and glue it to the back of your rosette to help it stay flat. You may have to hold it in place a few seconds to make sure it is securely glued.
- Then glue the rosette center of your choice in the center of your rosette!
- This is the result you should have by now:
- You can stop there or you can add ribbons if you’d like. I tried 2 different types of ribbons to give you an example but you can use whatever you’d like or whatever you already have at home.
- I used black fabric ribbon + gold gift ribbon for one, and I simply used glitter paper for the other one. They’re simply glued to the back of the rosette.
- You can also add a brooch to the back of the rosette to make this Award ribbons wearable! Cute photos ahead!
Download – Free Printable Father’s Day Paper Award Ribbons
I’ve included 3 pages in the PDF: One that includes all the elements, one that only includes the rectangles, and one that includes the rosette centers.
- If you plan on printing all the elements on one same type of paper, you can only print the page that includes all the elements.
- If you plan on printing the rectangles (best on copy paper) and the rosette centers (best on cardstock paper) then print each page on the corresponding paper.
Click on this button to download:
Note: This post was updated in June 2020, but it was initially published in June 2018.
I create lots of free printables, if you want to make sure to be updated and receive exclusive freebies, join the Lovely Newsletter:You can also follow me on Pinterest to see all the awesome free printables I’ve spotted while browsing the web!