Here’s a set of Free Printable Hogwarts Houses Paper Award Ribbons to celebrate the beginning of a Harry Potter Party Free Printables blog serie!
What that means is that I’ll be sharing several matching free printables inspired by Harry Potter magical universe. You’ll be able to download them all for free from each article to create a Pinterest worthy party in just a few clicks! I’m a big Potterhead so I have a lot of ideas and I’m super excited to share my fan art creations on this blog to help you create a fun themed party with coordinated printables.
Free Printable Hogwarts Houses DIY Paper Award Ribbons for your Harry Potter Party
A few weeks ago I created Father’s Day Paper Award Ribbons and now I’m hooked. This easy DIY is such a cute way to turn simple paper into an awesome party decoration or party favor for your Harry Potter Birthday, Harry Potter Baby Shower or any other HP themed party you’re throwing!
Make sure to also check out this free printable: 15 free posters to help you decorate your Harry Potter Party.
I’ve included many elements in this printable:
- 4 different rosettes designs for each Hogwarts House: Gryffindor (Red and yellow), Slytherin (Green and Silver), Hufflepuff (Black and Yellow) and Ravenclaw (Blue and Silver).
- 7 different toppers designs for each Hogwarts Houses: House crest, 9 3/4, sorting hat, Hogwarts Crest, Harry Potter face, Deathly Hollow, Ministry of Magic logo.
- 2 different ribbons for each Hogwarts House – But you can add fabric ribbons instead to make it even more fun!
This means you can create so many different Harry Potter Awards ribbons and make each of them unique. Here’s a little preview of the rosettes you could create!
I’ve created a separate printable file for each house, so you can either download the 4 of them if you want a full Hogwart’s look (I would recommend that) or just download the file that includes your favorite house.
This article being pretty long, I’ve decided to break it up in several pages. Use the arrows at the top and bottom of this article to navigate through the pages or click on each part you want to access:
- Gryffindor Award Ribbons (+ download link)
- Slytherin Award Ribbons (+ download link)
- Hufflepuff Award Ribbons (+ download link)
- Ravenclaw Award Ribbons (+ download link)
NB: You can find the download links for each House in the last 4 pages.
Creative ideas to use these Harry Potter Paper Award Ribbons
On top of being pretty little things, there’s many ways you could use these award ribbons for a Harry Potter themed Party. Here’s a few ideas:
- Sorting hat: place them all in a hat and have each guests pick one without looking at the beginning of your party. This will be the sorting hat and will randomly decide which Hogwarts Houses your guests belong to.
- Brooch: Attach bar pins to the back of each rosette to turn them into brooch. Each guest can then proudly wear his favorite Hogwarts Houses colors!
- Garland: attach all your rosettes to a string to create a garland.
- Decoration: disperse your rosettes on the table to decorate your tablecloth (black would look good). You can even place them all together on a wall.
- Reward system: if you’ve planned games and activities during the day, you could use the rosettes as a reward to give your guests after each game. Whoever gets most at the end of the day wins.
- Cake topper: Glue rosettes on skewers and place a few of them, at different height on top of a cake.
- Gift: place a rosette on top of a gift, on a gift bag or simply give it as a party favor.
- Scavenger Hunt: You could place a rosette at each point of your scavenger hunt.
- Kids Craft Station: Instead of creating all the rosettes yourself before your party, let each guest pick his own elements and create his very own award ribbons. Making it will be part of fun! You could cut the different elements before the event if you’d like to keep the DIY sweet and short.
I’m thinking of sharing a version with an editable file for you to add each guests names in the rosette’s centers! So that could be another fun way to use these!
This article being pretty long, I’ve decided to break it up in several pages. Use the arrows at the top and bottom of this article to navigate through the pages. You can find the download links for each House in the last 4 pages.